Granola is delicious, I believe that most of you will agree with me. Crunchy, tasty and golden brown, served with açaí, yogurt or fruits … for breakfast or afternoon snack. Humm … yummy! :P’
In my house we don’t live without granola, it’s our morning fuel. 😉 But don’t you dare to think it’s any kind granola … like those super processed, full of sugar and the quantity of nuts that you can count in one hand. 😛 In my house granola is homemade … yep, I’m this kind of girl! (My nutritionists friends must be proud of me now … hehehehe)
So grab a pen and paper and today I will share with you the recipe of this yummy granola. \0/
Granola master power:
- 500gr raw oat flakes
- 1 cup of mixed seeds (I used flaxseed, sunflower, poppy, sesame and pumpkin)
- 1 cup of mixed chopped nuts (I used peanut and walnut)
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon of any oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon of molasses or honey to sweeten
- 1 cup of raisins
Buenas, lets dive into the preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl start with the liquids: pour the lukewarm water, the oil, the molasses, and stir well until the oil has dissolved (in case you are using coconut oil).
- Now add the oats, seeds and nuts and mix well until the Oats gets wet.
- Distribute the mixture into two baking sheets and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- When this time has passed, stir the granola and bake again for another 20-30 minutes.
And now is done, good job! Just take it out from the oven, wait until cool, mix the raisins and watch out to not eat it all at once. 😛
ATTENTION: The 20-minute time I described is approximate and it can vary greatly, depends on your oven. The first few times you will make this delicious granola, is best if you stay around and, from time to time, check out if the oats are already dry.
PIECE OF ADVISE: the granola is ready when it’s still slightly soft (just a little), as it will be more crispy when has cool down. Be very careful at this point, cause when the oats are dry it’s very easy to lose the point and the oats will start to burn quickly, so you better keep an eye; you will not want to burn a whole batch of granola…. as it happened with someone that I know… ;P
So, did you like it? Do yours and then come back to tell me how it went!!! #paulettefood
Kissy, kissy! :*