I already told you that for me, the most important meal of the day is breakfast. To make this meal even more powerful, today I will share with you a homemade yogurt recipe made with raw milk. <3
It’s been a few years that I don’t drink milk anymore. Mostly is because the milk sold in the supermarket nowadays, doesn’t seem like milk, isn’t it? ;) When we moved to Italy, one of the great surprises that we had was to find machines around town that sells fresh raw milk… direct from the farm. <3 A super cool initiative, as we consume a natural quality product, we also value the local small producer… everyone wins!
If you want to know more about the subject, you can watch the video from Bela Gil (Portuguese) explaining about milk consumption.
So once again, grab your recipe notebook and let’s go. <3
Natural yogurt ingredients
- 1 liter of raw milk or whole milk if you can’t find raw
- 1 cup unflavored natural yogurt ( only for the first batch)
- 1 large glass jar with lid, or several smaller
- 1 towel and a thermal bag :$ ??????
Yogurt is so easy to make, roll up your sleeves and let’s dive into the process.
- Bring the milk into boil,
- Let it cool for about 15-20 minutes
- Feel the milk temperature with the best thermometer in the world: Your finger… hehehe. Just stick your finger (clean :)) into the milk, if you can withstand the temperature to the count of 10, than you’re right on it. But beware huh, don’t burn yourself!
- Now that milk is lukewarm, is time to add the plain yogurt.
- Stir well and pour it into the glass jar, close it and wrap it with the towel (Oh, that what’s the towel for …).
- Let the mixture sit for about 8 hours in a warm place that doesn’t suffer temperature changes.
I always prepare the yogurt in the evening and leave it resting overnight inside a thermal bag. So in the next morning I’ll have a yummy yogurt to eat with granola and fruits for breakfast. ;)
Oh, and for the next time you prepare the recipe, save about 2 tablespoons of the previous batch as a sample… so you won’t have to buy industrialized yogurt anymore. <3
So I hope you guys like it! Let me know how it went… send me kisses and always come back here. :)